"TO THE TWELVE TRIBES WHICH ARE SCATTERED ABROAD, GREETING"

James 1:1 (Yaakov 1:1)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why does YHVH allow suffering?

This question was posed to me recently.

It's clearly easier to suffer when we see there is a purpose, but not when we don't see one, we might want to fight or look for a way out. But how many times have we looked for a way out when we knew there was not one. Better to face something bravely, than be a sniveling coward.

"Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." Revelations 2:10

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variables, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

"[It is] good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. " Psalms 119:71

In modern terms "No pain, No gain!" Think of the butterfly that must suffer as it makes it way out of the cocoon. If it is helped it won't have strength to be a butterfly and fly.

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations; Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith works patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of Elohim, that givesh to all [men] liberally, and upbraided not; and it shall be given him." James 1:2-5

Yah's Blessings and Shalom!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am reminded of the conversation that took place between haSatan and HaShem in Iyov (Job) 1:6-12 that heralded the start of Iyov's suffering.

    But what was impressed upon me was not the suffering itself but how Iyov 'dealt with it'.... He kept right on loving his G-d and praising Him.

    I think Iyov is a true inspiration to all of us in these times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But are we not to fight sometimes? Are we to just patently accept any and every suffering without doing all we can to alleviate it? Should I just accept the death sentence of the Dr. without searching to see if there's another possible answer? I want always to be in His Will, but even Iyov questioned at times didn't he? I think you can fight the suffering without giving up your faith in His Goodness. Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete