"TO THE TWELVE TRIBES WHICH ARE SCATTERED ABROAD, GREETING"

James 1:1 (Yaakov 1:1)

Saturday, June 13, 2009

resurrection verses reincarnation

There is the case of resurrection verses reincarnation. The is clear when Yeshua said Lazarus would be resurrected today. But Mary knew he would be resurrected at the end of time! "Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day." John 11:24 She didn't doubt this fact because it wasn't a new concept of be resurrected in the end time. But how could he have been resurrected if he was set to be reincarnated. Granted he died again some time much later. Yet he couldn't have been raised up that day from the grave.

I don't have a problem with reincarnation, accept I can't find Torah to support for it. I know there a vague reference that may look like it to the untrained eyes, but they would seem to then contradict other scripture. Why didn't Yeshua simple say, don't worry he will be reincarnated else where.

The other problem with Reincarnation and that is what Hebrews 9:27 is clear about it! "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" This verse is clear about one time you live. There is also the story of Samuel and King Saul. He went to the witch of Endor and she summoned up Samuel. If reincarnation were true how could he be called up. "And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou may make known unto me what I shall do." I Samuel 28:15

The idea is appealing to many because they want another chance. We must make the right choices now! "(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation.)" 2 Corinthians 6:2

"Thus says YHVH, In an acceptable time have I heard you, and in a day of salvation have I helped you: and I will preserve you, and give you for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;" Isaiah 49:8

I would like to see more on this. It all seems fascinating to Midrash over.

Yah's Blessings and Shalom!!!
James E. Auel

No comments:

Post a Comment